Conventional Dentures vs. Snaptite Smile®
Traditional dentures can not replace missing teeth with any degree of comfort and function. They are simply horseshoes with teeth like appearances. Snaptite Smile implant-retained dentitions are real and are the gold standard in restorative dentistry today. Northland Dental Medicine offers newer, state-of-the-art techniques to restore your smile with the advanced Snaptite Smile® system. For patients debating dentures vs. Snaptite Smile® technology, there is truly a night and day difference. In Pittsburgh, PA, Dr. Michael E.Corsello is a leading expert in dental implants and restorative dentistry, and offers his patients customized treatment plans to meet individual needs. If you are considering replacing your dentures or a failed dentition with a Snaptite Smile® implant system, you are on the path to an entirely new way of life.
Dr. Corsello finds tremendous satisfaction in helping patients experience the benefits of advanced dental implant and restorative solutions!
The Traditional Denture Experience & Why Dr Corsello developed Snaptite Smile
For patients who are missing a single or double arch of teeth, conventional dentures have been the only solution. These appliances not only do not restore function for patients who would otherwise struggle to eat solid food and speak clearly but in many cases are never worn because they are so uncomfortable. As any denture wearer knows, traditional dentures are frustrating. A serious issue because over a quarter of senior adults are missing all of their teeth.
Traditional dentures are made of prosthetic teeth that are attached to a flesh-colored base that covers the palate. Held in place with a combination of suction and dental adhesives, these dentures tend to slip and click during meals and conversation causing you to gag and resist social interaction. Patients are typically restricted from enjoying a full range of foods. Furthermore compromised ability to chew leads to digestive health issues. At times, large food items become trapped between the appliance and the gums, causing irritation and odor. The acrylic palate covering the roof of the mouth further compromises traditional denture wearers ability to taste, smell and feel the textures of foods they love and the Quality of Life they deserve.
Once you have lost your teeth, your jawbone will shrink and alter in size and therefore often provide a fit that is less than ideal. Denture wearers lose defined contours and see more facial sagging and wrinkling because a denture moves and therefore cannot support the cheeks and lips to maintain a healthy, youthful appearance. However, at Northland Dental Medicine Dr. Corsello offers Snaptite Smile, state-of-the-art implant surgical and prosthetic solutions to restore your oral health, facial appearance and ability to function while reversing bone loss at a cost which is a fraction of individual implants. Read on to see how Snaptite Smile Restores Quality to Life!
Dentures vs. Snaptite Smile®
Snaptite Smile® prosthetics are designed to attach to titanium dental implants surgically placed in your jawbone. The implant posts form artificial roots for your prosthesis, securing it firmly to your gum line. You can experience many significant advantages with a Snaptite Smile® rather than traditional dentures, such as:
- The aesthetic advantage of Snaptite Smile® is apparent because it replaces your failed dentition & skeletal support, plumping your lips and facial tissue reducing wrinkles and sagging for a natural face lift and natural knock dead gorgeous smile.
- Only Snaptite Smile® type permanent bridges are patient accessible. Screw in bridges can only be removed at great cost and time by a doctor and have large spaces for limited access where food actually collects and speech slips thru. Snaptite Smile® allows full access to clean and freshen under your bridge every day while completely sealed during use, eliminating food collection and speech issues.
- A Snaptite Smile® is a more natural replacement so you may enjoy a far more comfortable experience, leaving behind messy adhesives and an obstructed palate. This means no tissue irritation or Gagging.
- There are no meal time restrictions, so you can enjoy your favorite foods and follow a healthy, varied diet.
- A Snaptite Smile® is a permanent solution because your dental implant case is designed to be your final restoration which will last for the rest of your life.
- Eat, Smile & Laugh as a result of a renewed function and stability because your teeth will never slip out of place.
Snaptite Smile® is compatible with all types of dental implants, including mini implants and All-on-4®. Unlike other implant-screw retained solutions, Snaptite Smile® full-arch permanent bridges are retained with specially developed Snap-tite fittings which make them patient accessible anytime. This is a breakthrough providing the best of all solutions. All of the benefits and security of screw retained but ease of access so patients can keep them clean and fresh, making them an ideal smile-replacement solution.
“Amazing job with quite a difficult task - a dental implant on the most fragile spot... performed to absolute Perfection - All in One Day surgery... It was followed by very professional, high-tech equipped treatments by the most knowledgeable and friendly office staff after the surgery. Thank you So Much, Dr. Corsello and the Team!” Lana K.